The Women’s Fund of Winston-Salem engages our community to build economic security for women and girls in Forsyth County.
- Women's Philanthropy: Promoting the collective economic impact of women who invest (time, talent, and treasure) into women and girls in our community.
- Grant making: Providing grants to local programs and initiatives that address the social issues affecting the economic security of women and girls in Forsyth County.
- Advocacy: Providing opportunities and supporting efforts to educate our community on the current and emerging issues that affect the economic security of women and girls in Forsyth County.
We envision a community where women and girls:
- Have equal opportunities, skills and resources to be independent, self-sufficient and contributing members of the community;
- Are healthy and live in homes and communities without fear of violence;
- Are empowered and equipped to be leaders in the community;
- Are supported in their roles in their families, regardless of their family structure; and
- Are active philanthropists who share their time, treasures, and talents to better the community regardless of their economic status.
These values guide the judgments and actions of The Women’s Fund of Winston-Salem as we work together to carry out our mission and achieve our vision.
- Philanthropy: We believe that encouraging and valuing the investment of time, treasure, and talent can result in systemic change for women and girls in our community.
- Inclusion: We strive for a community where women and girls of all backgrounds--including diversity of race, age, ability, culture, economic status, education, ethnicity, religion, and sexual orientation— are engaged at all levels of society so that their unique backgrounds, talents, and beliefs may serve to enhance our community and one another.
- Community: We believe that providing leadership that focuses on the needs of women and girls helps build and strengthen our whole community.
- Empowerment: We believe that all women and girls are able to effect change in their lives, organizations, and communities.
- Social Justice: We strive to raise the status of women and girls until their value, worth and dignity are fully respected, and that all women are treated fairly and equitably.